MIDAS Minibus Driver Training
Derbyshire Community Transport has extensive experience in training people to drive minibuses. We are able to deliver Minibus Driver Awareness Training (MIDAS) programmes during the course of the year.
If you are a Group Transport member and you would like to self-drive one of our minibuses, you will need a current MIDAS certificate. MIDAS is the national standard for minibus drivers in the voluntary and public sector.
We also offer MIDAS training programmes to external organisations and companies.
Our MIDAS training is delivered by instructors who bring years of practical experience that will help you get the most out of your course.
The course consists of both classroom sessions and practical assessments. Delegates have a choice of the standard MIDAS programme or, if they will be providing transport for wheelchair users or other vulnerable people, you can elect to take the Accessible MIDAS version of the programme. The full programme includes:
- Legal responsibilities of driving a minibus
- Safe and environmentally friendly driving techniques
- Vehicle familiarisation and checking
- The correct use of passenger lifts and wheelchair restraints (optional)
- A certificate valid for 4 years upon successful completion